Tuesday, January 27, 2009

the process



i have been asked to write a short essay of sorts about my street stuff. at first i was a bit taken back because i don't really consider myself a street photographer.
interestingly enough i realized i was in denial. somehow in the back of my mind being a street photographer has some stigma attached to it, along with expectations to make bold social statements, raw and full of impact, but maybe they're my own.
my images are more subtle without a social statement, more of a psychological one. this exercise was eye opening, i really never put into words how my process evolves.
thanks to michael vandertol for pulling it out of me .

1 comment:

Michael Van der Tol said...

You are welcome. but I simply pointed in the general direction - you on the other hand blazed the trail.